Traditionally if a parent failed to comply with a Court Order then the first course of action would be to apply for a penal notice to be attached to the Order. If the parent breached the penal notice they could be held in contempt of Court and imprisoned, fined or both.

Since 8th December 2008 new laws have been introduced which include alternative ways of dealing with a parent not complying with an order. For example;

  • Contact activity condition which might include mediation or participation in a domestic violence programme,
  • Monitoring by CAFCASS (Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service),
  • Compensation
  • Up to 200 hours unpaid work (community service).

I am an experienced Family Law barrister with detailed knowledge of making and resisting such applications. If you wish to instruct me under the Direct Access scheme please contact me.